PA Media is looking for an experienced online editor to join the Microsoft News team, updating and managing the homepage of the fast-paced and highly successful news, sport and lifestyle website.
- Dealing with breaking news in a responsible and timely manner
- Copytasting and prioritising stories for use across the site
- Writing brilliant headlines designed to create online engagement
- Fantastic picture selection
- Optimising articles with the best choice of social, image and video embeds
- Reading analytics and taking decisions based on learnings
- Fixing errors or spotting problems and acting swiftly Essential Criteria
- Ability to spot trending topics
- Experience of working in online news or a daily updating lifestyle website
- Excellent English and superb subbing skills
- Wide range of interests from news and sport to entertainment and lifestyle
- Ability to take decisions over breaking news
- High standard of computer literacy
- Experience of Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Experience of homepage management
- Must have journalistic qualification, including media law
Please note this role will be based in London and will involve working shifts.
To apply, please send your CV to Wesley Johnson, Head of Production
Closing date: 5 November 2019
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.