PA Media is looking for a talented news reporter to work in the London bureau of the Middle East newspaper, The National.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Originate story ideas and develop them for publication
- Report on a wide range of topics from politics to culture
- Deal with breaking news in a responsible and timely manner
- Assist with newsroom planning
- Occasional website homepage editing shifts
- Must have worked in a newsroom, preferably at national level
- Excellent English and superb subbing skills
- Wide range of interests from news and sport to culture
- Team player but with ability to be a self-starter
- Knowledge of the Middle East
- Video editing skills
- Must have a journalistic qualification, including media law
Please note this role will be based in London and will involve working shifts.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Wesley Johnson, Head of Production.
Closing date is 12 July 2019.
The company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.