Location: Howden, Nottingham or Home-based
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced QA Engineer or SDET to join a national, prestigious media organisation, in our fastest growing business area.
The successful candidate will be joining a team using cutting-edge technology to re-imagine the way that PA Media creates, enhances and distributes content to organisations around the world. You will be able to bring your knowledge and passion for technology and software engineering to a fast-paced, technology-led, agile organisation, whilst learning new skills and developing yourself along the way.
- Node.js/TypeScript • Java8+ • AWS/Docker/Terraform • React/Angular • REST • TDD • Selenium WebDriver/Cypress/Artillery • PostgreSQL/MongoDB/DynamoDB • Agile/Scrum
As an Engineer within one of PA’s Delivery Squads you will be responsible for all aspects of the software development life-cycle; from UX and requirement gathering, engineering standards and verification, comprehensive test automation, backlog refinements and planning sprints, through to deployment and support in production.
- Build robust, scalable and performant automated test suites; covering core user journeys, negative paths and edge cases
- Contribute your skills as part of agile, cross-functional squads throughout the whole software development life cycle
- Work with your squad to automate everything, from tests through to deployment and monitoring
- Begin to build skills in areas such as mentoring more Junior Engineers
Key Performance Indicators:
- PA products have thorough integration and end-to-end automation tests
- Bug free releases to production environment, with defects identified, communicated and tracked
- Engineer integrates with team norms around good software engineering and delivery practices, eg code reviews, unit test coverage, test reporting, release documentation etc.
- Close collaboration with the business stakeholders and product team to ensure software which efficiently meets customers’ needs and those of other user-personas
- Becomes a domain expert within their squad, with a comprehensive understanding of all products/services
- Detail focused, with an inquisitive and analytical mindset, yet remains aware of the bigger picture
- Deep understanding of web technologies, standards and protocols
- Understanding of OOP principles and mid-level programming ability in Java or JS
- Experience of using test automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, RestAssured, Cypress etc
- A passion and desire to learn new technologies and integrate with PA´s more standard technology stack in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar; or equivalent industry experience.
The role can be based at home, or in either of our Nottingham or Howden offices.
The role will involve some travel to our Howden office, initially a little more often but afterwards approximately once per fortnight to attend agile ceremonies or quarterly planning sessions.
The Nottingham office is in the middle of the city center, easily accessible by bus, train or tram – being served by multiple Park and Ride locations.
The Howden office in East Yorkshire, is just off junction 37 of the M62. This is within walking distance of Howden railway station, with a park-and-walk facility provided.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Matthew Foulkes, Principal QA Engineer:
Closing date: 18 October 2019
The company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.