The Globelynx business is described as ‘The Home of the Expert’, a community which connects experts to global broadcasters. Used by news channels around the world to facilitate reliable, live, expert interviews, thee business is built around an extensive range of trusted experts who are made available for analysis and interview on many subjects and languages.
Globelynx was acquired by PA Group in 2011 and has grown from its UK foundation into a truly international business.
Join us as a Broadcast IT Engineer and you’ll help to ensure Experts are connected via a reliable video network and delivered in broadcast quality.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to and fully supported by the Head of Technology, you will be responsible for engineering and operational support for the Globelynx broadcast systems, associated hardware and software that ensures the effective delivery of the service to clients and broadcast partners.
You’ll use your knowledge of Linux and Microsoft operating systems and an understanding of IT networks to diagnose faults and rectify issues.
You could have been working as an IT Engineer or as part of an IT Helpdesk and be looking for a break into the broadcast technology industry.
Key Duties will include:
- Diagnose faults and take actions to rectify problems on broadcast and network systems
- Globelynx camera configuration and delivery
- Managing delivery of network connections to client sites
- Support of client sites, broadcast infrastructure and network connectivity
- Liaise with manufacturers in a confident and informed manor to minimise service disruption
- Carry out system upgrades
- Due to the nature of the role it will require you to be on call some weekend/evening on-call (one week per 4, up to 2 weeks of nightwork per year). Some travel may be required on occasion to client sites for installation and fault resolution
What we can offer you:
In return for your hard work we offer a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package which includes a company pension scheme, access to discounted gym membership, a range of events and discounted tickets.
There is also 25 days annual leave with an option to buy up to 5 days after your first year and the role is based from the Globelynx new offices in the Paddington Basin.
To apply for the Broadcast IT Engineer role, please send your CV to Robin Fowler, Head of Technology
Closing date: 13 September 2019
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community