Are you a Desktop Support Technician looking for a more varied and exciting position in the media industry?
PA Media Group, the UK’s leading provider of multimedia content and services, are looking for a Desktop Support Technician to provide software and hardware support to the business, both desk-side, and remotely.
The role will primarily be based from our brand-new offices on the canal in the Paddington basin which we specifically chose because of the proximity to shops, restaurants and cafes. However, you’ll also have the unique opportunity to travel on-site to support some of the major events that PA attend such as Wimbledon, Royal events and Celebrity Awards.
The role will allow you to develop your skills in managing calls through an ITSM, prioritising and managing incidents. You will have exposure to corporate systems including active directory, office365, scripting in PowerShell and Ruby, and allow you to work on new technologies.
Working within a team of 9, based across the UK you’ll play a vital role ensuring all incidents are resolved quickly and cause minimal impact on the end user and you’ll also have the opportunity to get involved with projects.
A taste of what you’ll be doing …
- Follow the defined ITIL process for Incident Management, quickly prioritising and resolving incidents, to ensure minimal impact to end users
- Configure laptops, desktops and mobiles using enterprise deployment tools
- Support the major events pa are responsible for, such as Wimbledon, Elections and the Olympics
- Due to the nature of the role you’ll work a shift pattern which rotates weekly with start times ranging from 07.30-10am and finish times between 3.30-6pm. We’re committed to helping employees achieve a healthy work-life balance and offer home working ad hoc to help employees achieve this.
What you’ll need …
You’ll need to be an effective communicator to liaise with people at all levels across the business and would be useful to have experience working in a similar role using ITSM tools for incident management but this isn’t essential.
It would be advantageous to have experience troubleshooting software issues on Windows 10 as well as on mobile devices, iOS and Android.
You’ll be naturally analytical, security conscious and most importantly customer focussed.
It would also be beneficial to have the following but isn’t essential;
- Sound understanding of ITIL
- MCITP, A+, Network +, MCDST
- OS X 10.11 and above Certifications
- Experience in machine imaging
- Experience with a Mobile Device Management System
- Experience in automation with tools such as Chef
What we can offer …
In return for your hard work we will offer you the opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting and expanding industry working with some of the biggest names in media.
Join our team and you’ll enjoy a host of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday a year plus bank holidays, interest fee travel loans and access to discounted activities including show tickets, beauty treatments, sporting events and gym memberships.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to Leon Das, Desktop Support Manager
Closing date: 18 December 2019
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.