PA Media is looking for an experienced online editor to help cover two to three shifts per week on an ad-hoc basis in the Microsoft News team, updating and managing the homepage of the fast-paced and highly successful news, sport and lifestyle website.
- Dealing with breaking news in a responsible and timely manner
- Copytasting and prioritising stories for use across the site
- Writing brilliant headlines designed to create online engagement
- Fantastic picture selection
- Optimising articles with the best choice of social, image and video embeds
- Reading analytics and taking decisions based on learnings
- Fixing errors or spotting problems and acting swiftly
- Ability to spot trending topics
- Experience of working in online news or a daily updating lifestyle website
- Excellent English and superb subbing skills
- Wide range of interests from news and sport to entertainment and lifestyle
- Ability to take decisions over breaking news
- High standard of computer literacy
- Experience of homepage management
- Must have journalistic qualification, including media law
Please note this role will be based in London and will involve working shifts.
To apply, please send a CV to Wesley Johnson, Head of Production, at email@example.com.