Do you want to work for one of the most prestigious multimedia organisations within the UK? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for someone with a keen interest in photography who would enjoy seeing the results of their hard work appear in the media every day.
Join PA Images as a Picture Editor in our Nottingham office and you’ll work at the very heart of the UK’s media landscape. Our pictures appear in Newspapers across the UK and a host of other media platforms where clients include the BBC, ITV, Sky and Hello Magazine.
If you join our team you will be responsible for selecting and editing pictures taken by our own photographers of various high-profile showbiz and sporting events.
Key responsibilities will include:
- ‘Live’ editing of sports and showbiz events both remotely and on-site.
- Delivery of images to the PA Images website & subscription customers.
- Monitor breaking stories and deliver images to customers.
- Posting to social media channels
- Communicating effectively with photographers to ensure images are delivered quickly and photography briefs are fulfilled.
What you’ll need …
As well as having a keen interest in photography, you’ll have excellent knowledge across news, sport and entertainment combined with the ability to spot a winning picture. Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Photo Mechanic are essential.
You’ll be a great communicator who can liaise with our photographers and sales teams to ensure images are delivered quickly whilst working in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
What we offer you …
- A competitive basic salary and great benefits.
- A relaxed environment alongside a great team who support each other.
- An opportunity to promote the products of services of one of the UK’s most prestigious media businesses covering some of the biggest and most prestigious events.
*Due to the nature of the events PA Images cover this role will involve working evenings and weekends.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to Adam Peck, Picture Editor – Team Leader
Closing date: 25 October 2019
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.