PA Media is looking for a talented sub editor to join our team on a part-time basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most renowned news organisations in the UK. Its fast-paced production department edits both news wire copy and digital content for the biggest names in media.
The successful candidate will have an excellent news sense, a sharp eye for detail and be calm and organised under the pressures a rolling news environment brings.
- Fast and accurate subbing across multi-platform content
- Handling breaking news
- Crafting compelling headlines
- Imaginative illustration of digital content, including the best social media resources
- Working with news, video, picture and social media desks to ensure our copy reaches its full potential.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident knowledge of media law
- Social media and news obsessive
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible and able to work a variety of shift patterns, including regular evenings and weekends.
- Experience in digital publishing
- Experience in a national newsroom
Please note this role is three days per week and will be based in either PA’s northern headquarters in Howden, East Yorkshire, or at PA Scotland’s base in Glasgow. It will involve working shifts, including evenings and weekends.
To apply, please send a CV to Amy Crowther, Deputy Production Editor
Closing date: 22 August 2019
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.