The NCTJ, Nike and PA Training are partnering to provide a free journalism course, which will teach the foundation skills required to become a journalist and spearhead future conversations around women’s sport. The eleven-week course is accredited by the NCTJ to deliver the level 3 Certificate in Foundation Journalism. PA Training will run the course in London from 2 October to 18 December.
Students will gain first-hand experience which will help to kick-start their potential career in sports journalism and will learn key journalistic skills such as how to write a match report, how to make your own podcast or video blog and how to interview athletes.
They will also have the opportunity to report live from women’s sport tournaments, have work published by Nike London, and will receive help gaining a post-course industry work placement.
Students will receive exclusive industry insights from a cast of women that are pushing the female sport agenda through their own platforms, including:
• Anna Kessel, women’s sport editor for The Daily Telegraph
• Felicia Pennant, editor and founder of Season
• Ami Bennett, co-founder of Foundation FM
• Ro Jackson, editor of Slowe
• Charlie Brinkhurst-Cuff, head of editorial at gal-dem
• Grace and Amelia Mandeville, Youtube presenters
• Amy Drucquer, founder of This Fan Girl
• Simran Randhawa, model and journalist
• Shannon Mahanty, writer and editor; ELLE, Vogue, i-D and Vice